The protection of your privacy and your personal data is important to us. We only want to collect and process personal data about you with your knowledge or consent. Personal data in the sense of this information is all information that can be related to your person, e.g. name, address, e-mail and IP address, user behaviour. We therefore inform you what information we may store and for what purposes we use it. data2heat Holding GmbH undertakes to comply with national and European data protection regulations.
Responsible body and data protection officer
(1) The responsible body in accordance with Article 4 (7) of the German Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or service provider in accordance with § 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) is:
DATA2HEAT Holding GmbH
EUREF Campus 23-24
Entry in the Commercial Register District Court of Charlottenburg HRB 257561 B
Gunnar Wilhelm, Nico Köllner
Phone: + 49 6196 7732-1700
Please direct any enquiries regarding data protection to
DATA2HEAT Holding GmbH
Data Protection Team
EUREF Campus 23-24
(2) DATA2HEAT has appointed an external data protection officer.
For questions regarding data protection, you can reach our data protection team at:
data2heat Holding GmbH
– Data Protection –
Source of personal data
We process personal data that we receive from you in the course of your visit to our website, in the course of your contacting us by e-mail or via a contact form.
Categories of personal data processed
(1) If you visit or use our website purely for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security:
- Your IP address,
- date, time and duration of your visit,
- content of the request (specific page),
- access status/http status code,
- amount of data transferred in each case,
- website from which the request came,,
- Your browser,
- your operating system.
This data is used exclusively for internal statistical purposes.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in relation to the browser you are using, and which provide the party setting the cookie with certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
(3) Most browsers are set to accept cookies. However, you can deactivate the storage of cookies in your browser at any time or set your browser so that you receive a message as soon as cookies are sent. However, we would like to point out that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
(4) This stored information is saved separately from any other data you may provide to us. In particular, the cookie data is not linked to your other data.
Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will usually have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) When you contact us by e-mail, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.
Integration of the cookie management service Real Cookie Banner
To manage the cookies and similar technologies used (tracking pixels, web beacons, etc.) and related consents, we use the consent tool “Real Cookie Banner”. Details on how “Real Cookie Banner” works can be found at https://devowl.io/rcb/data-processing/.
The legal bases for the processing of personal data in this context are Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR (Consent) and Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the management of the cookies and similar technologies used and the related consents.
The provision of personal data is neither contractually required nor necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. If you do not provide the personal data, we will not be able to manage your consents.
Integration of the analysis service Matomo
(1) This website uses the web analysis service Matomo to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(2) For this analysis, cookies (see section 3 for more details) are stored on your computer. The information collected in this way is stored by the responsible party exclusively on its server in Germany. You can set the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use this website to its full extent. Preventing the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser. Preventing the use of Matomo is possible by removing the following tick and thus activating the opt-out plug-in.
(3) This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, which means that they cannot be directly linked to a person. The IP address transmitted by your browser via Matomo will not be merged with other data collected by us.
(4) The Matomo programm is an open-source project. Information from the third-party provider on data protection is available at http://matomo.org/privacy/policy.
Categories of recipients of personal data
(1) We have some of the aforementioned processes and services carried out by carefully selected service providers who comply with data protection regulations. These external service providers are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored. They will not pass on your data to third parties.
(2) With regard to the disclosure of data to other recipients, we will only disclose information about you if required to do so by law, if you have consented or if we are authorised to disclose it.
Purposes for which the personal data is to be processed and legal basis for the processing
We process your personal data in compliance with the applicable legal data protection regulations. In this context, the processing is lawful if the following conditions are met: Consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR: The lawfulness for the processing of personal data is given in the case of consent to processing for specified purposes (e.g. processing of your enquiry, use of data for marketing purposes). Consent given can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
Due to legal requirements (Article 6(1) c) DS-GVO: data2heat Holding GmbH is subject to various legal obligations. These include, among others: Commercial and tax law retention regulations in accordance with the German Commercial Code and the German Fiscal Code, fulfilment of tax law control and reporting obligations. Within the framework of the balancing of interests (Article 6(1) f) GDPR: Where necessary, we process your data beyond the actual performance of the contract to protect the legitimate interests of us or third parties.
Examples: To assert legal claims and defend against legal disputes, to ensure IT security and IT operations, to analyse and improve the use of our website, to use social media plug-ins.
Intention to transfer personal data to a third country or an international organisation
An active transfer of personal data to a third country will only take place if this has been expressly indicated in the context of the aforementioned services.
Criteria for determining the period for which the personal data are stored
(1) The data will be stored in accordance with legal regulations on data processing and in compliance with legal retention periods. We process and use your data exclusively for the purposes for which you have authorised us and for as long as the data is required for these purposes.
(2) If the data is no longer required for the purpose or for the fulfilment of legal obligations, it will generally be deleted, unless its further processing – limited in time and scope – is necessary for the following purposes: The fulfilment of retention obligations under commercial and tax law
Your data protection rights
(1) Every data subject has the right to information under Article 15 of the GDPR, the right to rectification under Article 16 of the GDPR, the right to erasure under Article 17 of the GDPR, the right to restriction of processing under Article 18 of the GDPR, the right to object under Article 21 of the GDPR and the right to data portability under Article 20 of the GDPR. With regard to the right to information and the right to erasure, the restrictions pursuant to Sections 34 and 35 BDSG apply. In addition, there is a right of appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 BDSG).
(2) You may revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future.
(3) You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests). If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. The objection can be made form-free and should preferably be addressed to:
data2heat Holding GmbH
Obligation to provide and possible consequences of not providing personal data
When using our services, you must provide the personal data that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose or that we are legally obliged to collect. Without this data, we will generally not be able to conclude the contract with you or execute it.
Existence of automated decision-making including profiling
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making pursuant to Article 22 GDPR to establish and execute the business relationship. Should we use this procedure in individual cases, we will inform you of this separately, insofar as this is required by law.
Changes to the data protection information
We are continuously developing and optimising our services. It may therefore be that we add new functionalities. Should this have an impact on the way in which your personal data is processed, we will inform you in good time in our data protection notices.